An alert is an event that is triggered when something undesirable occurs or is about to occur. It is usually triggered by monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, or CloudWatch, and in some cases, proprietary tools.
Alerts usually categorized into three different groups:
- Infrastructure-related alerts - e.g., a virtual machine consumes more than 99% CPU.
- Application-related alerts - e.g., an endpoint starts returning 5XX status codes.
- Business-related alerts - e.g., a drop in the number of sign-ins or purchases.
What problem does Keep solve?
Keep helps with every step of the alert lifecycle:
- Creation - Keep offers a framework for creating, debugging, and testing alerts through code that scales with your teams.
- Maintenance - Keep integrates with your existing tools, allowing you to manage all of your alerts within a single interface.
- Noise reduction - By integrating with tools that trigger alerts, Keep can deduplicate and correlate alerts to reduce noise in your organization.
- Automation - Keep Workflows enable automated alert enrichment and response.